Saturday, February 9, 2008

Snow is not good for me or the Boxers



So, I have not blogged in awhile. This week has been crazy. First, another family inquired about Humphrey on Monday. Then the first family came to visit him Tuesday during my lunch hour. She brought her GABR adoptee Ollie and she and Humphrey got along SO great. Her only concern was that if Humpy jumps on her elderly mom, he could knock her over and cause her to break something. So, I wasn't sure of she was going to adopt him. However, she e-mailed a few days later and let me know that she wanted to adopt him. YEA! I cried, I will miss him alot. He is my special guy. But, he needs a home where he doesn't have to be crated and where there is another dog for him to play with all the time. He does not get that here. I will be sad when I place him next week, I will be very sad, but know that he is in the best home.

So beside the foster dog stuff, Madison got 13+ inches of snow on Tues-Wed. I hate snow. We had a half day of work. We could barely make it home. This has been the worst winter in Madison history. We are pushing 80" of snow since Nov. Ick. And now, it is snowing like crazy, again. The snowflakes are the size of pomeranians. Plus, the dogs do not really like the snow. Bert is constantly peeing on the first stair once he steps out the door. Humphrey's entire tongue is constantly covered in snow. I am always worried that his tongue is going to get frost bitten. Currently our patio is yellow and brown. Its really pretty. I am supposed to go wine tasting tonight. I hope I make it - I do not like to miss wine tastings.

No comments: