Sunday, February 3, 2008

Pet Expo, Puppies and Poop


It was a crazy weekend. I picked up a Boxer named Billy at the Dane county shelter on Thursday night. I call him B2, as I have previously had a foster named Billy. B2 spent Thursday night with us, and then I was going to transfer him to another foster home, via a friend, on Friday. Well, he got along well with Sadie and Humphrey, and OK with Bert. But Friday afternoon Bert and B2 had a tiff.

There was a Pet expo in Milwaukee this weekend and I was scheduled to set up, as I had most of our exhibition stuff. So, my friends invited me and B2 to stay at their place Friday night, along with another friend who was setting up the booth at the expo as well as transport B2 up north for me. We had a great time! I played some Wii bowling, and I threw a little too hard a few times and I think I pulled a muscle in the arm/shoulder. It still hurts. It was awesome staying over, I love their house and my friend made us a really great breakfast in the morning. I am so thankful to have great friends like them. Then it was a long day at the Expo. I got there at 8am to set up and stayed until about 2pm. I came home and then had a holiday party to attend. I was exhausted this morning!

Today I went to another friends to help with some visits for a foster, Jazzi, and 2 of her puppies, Parker and Miles. Jazzi is about a year old and her pups are about 6 weeks old (in the pic above, puppies are much younger). I played with alot of puppies today and cleaned up a fair amount or puppy pee and poop. It was so much fun hanging out with my friend, Jazzi and the pups. But, I am VERY tired. It was a 'go go go' weekend and I may watch some of the Superbowl (for the commercials) and the head to bed early.

No comments: