Sunday, February 17, 2008

Parker, the puppy


So, Friday night I picked up Parker the boxer mix foster puppy. He is a sweetie, and we knew it would be hard, but actually it has been easier than we thought. I guess I am jinxing myself, though. We have less than 8 weeks to go before he is placed. I think the older he gets the more naughty he is going to get. So, we are in for some rough times I think.

It has been 15 years since I have lived with a puppy this little, I forget how cute and fun it is, sometimes. Its so funny because he play bows to Sadie and then she runs after him to play and he gets really scared and hides. He loves toys and he is such a good dog. We are working on potty training. He is doing ok, except it is cold, and this morning, wet, outside. Not to get off topic of the dogs, but it is sleeting and flooding all over Madison. A ran to the store to get eggs to make me french toast this morning and he said that many streets are flooding. We are supposed to get 7-10 inches in Madison today, but know I really doubt it, as it is too warm for snow.

Anyway, I think Sadie is tolerating Parker, and Bert is as well. I do not think either of them are really excited or happy to have Parker here. However, I think A secretly likes Parker. I mean he doesn't deny that he likes Parker, but it is very cute and sweet to see Parker cuddle up to A and having A laugh at all Parker's antics. I think we are really enjoying ourselves having Parker here. I am not interested in fostering another puppy anytime soon, but it is nice. Especially since he already has a home in Elkhorn with a mom and dad, 3 furless brothers (two 2yr olds and one 3 yr old), a boston terrier and a weird looking little dog. The weird looking dog reminds me of the creature that rides the fluffy white dog in Labyrinth. Anyway - its helpful to know that we are placing him after 16 weeks. More fun Parker posts to come....


No comments: