Sunday, January 20, 2008

Hump-free the mink coated 'special' foster



So, we are fostering Humphrey (sometimes I call him Humpy). He was a stray on Northside of Madison, and picked up by the city as a stray. He was held at the shelter for over 40 days. He is a sweet, ~1 yr old boy. My heart just melts for him. His hips and back legs are wobbly and he has webbed from paws. This was probably from beign crated 24-7 since his birth. The has a detatched cornea in his right eye and he is mostly blind in that eye. He has a beautiful coat, brindle and very soft. He loves all animals and people. His jaw is crooked which causes him slight eating issues. His tongue is also WAY too big for his mouth. But, really, all these things are why he makes me melt. He hates being away from people, but he does not have SA. He loves to play, and I didn;t have much problems when we had our last foster, Wesley, with Humphrey. They played and played. Sadie just watched, and sometimes refereed. But, Wesley has been adopted and the new foster is a little bit older and not so tolerant of Humphrey's advances for playing. So, Humophrey tried to play alot with Sadie, and most of the time she is not in the mood. But, she will play with him occasionally.

Well, my friends have been kind enough to let Humphrey come over and play with their foster, who LOVES Humpy. So, yesterday I packed up Humpy to go pick up my friend and 3 boxers and go play in his large 3 floor office building. We did this once before and it was loads of fun. Humpy got to ride the elevator. The reason why we go to the office is becuase it is -5ÂșC outside. Way too cold for walks. Well, I go to their house, packed up 4 dogs, me and my friend and we got a block away and my Jeep started smoking. Like CRAZY! So, we went back to the house and tried to figure it all out. Well, I was out of coolant. Yeah. So, my friend went to the store and got me some coolant (my hero!) and I called A. A came to follow me to the repair place, in case my car overheated again. We assumed that there is a leak somewhere in the radiator or tubes or something. So, Humphrey got to play with his g-friend, and I got to visit with my friends, even though the car ruined the day. But, my friends did give me some plush toy 'eggs' from some toys they have. Huphrey was enamoured by these 'eggs'. So we brought 2 home. Sadie thought that they were hers and went into her crate and guarded the 'egg'. It was kind of funny.

No comments: