Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Cabin Fever


It's cold, very cold. This high today was 8 degrees. The dogs hate to go outside. They have been really good though, no accidents in the house because of the cold. But - the cold broke my car. My radiator was cracked this weekend. Today is Wed and I FINALLY got it back this evening. Well, A is working late, so by the time I got home the dogs have been crated for 10 hours. EEK! I feel so bad, but with unforseen workload and car issues, I couldn't get home sooner. But, to my delight, there were no accidents in the crates, NO accidents! I am very proud of Humphrey. He has pottied in his crate when we are at work, but not today! It has been challenging to potty train him, but we are working on it. He has a visit tomorrow afternoon. I am excited. And my other foster Bert has a visit on Sunday. Yeay! I am very excited. It is a quiet night, except the dogs have a bit of cabin fever, I think. Especially Humphrey. Maybe my friends will want to invite him to play this weekend. He could use some lovin' from his boxer girlfriend!

Sunday, the Packers lot to the Giants. We had friends over to watch the playoff game. 2 kids were here, a 2 yr old and a 9 month old. Humphrey and Bert did SOOO well with all the people (8 adults) and 2 kids. I am very happy. It is stressful when we have company, non-dog people, but our friends are pretty understanding. I am thankful for that. They did try and beg a bit for some food. But, thats kinda expected when there are 8 people eating. My friends 9 month old was eating veggies and he was throwing some over to the floor for the dogs. They thought that was great. The 2 yr old almost lost his cracker about ten times.

I am very excited for our wonderful fosters.

No comments: