Saturday, January 19, 2008

About me, sassy Sadie's Mom

This is my first blog, ever. I really enjoy reading my friends' blogs. It gets so hectic with all the work we do on a day to day basis to keep in contact with all the friends we would like to, so I think that reading their blogs is a good way to know what friends are doing. So, here is my first post. Not sure what I want to accomplish, regarding my blog. It will probably morph into something else as time goes on.

I am am married, living in Madison WI, and I am a foster mom for a resuce organization. I usually have at least 2 fosters, plus my own girl, Sadie. As I am getting older, I find it hard to remeber all the fosters that we have had, that is, A, my husband and I. I would like to talk about my fosters on this blog.

Sadie is a female boxer, probably about 6 or 7 years old. I am not sure, as she was a stray in Madison about 5 years ago. I was working at the local animal shelter at the time and I have always had a love for boxers. I grew up with a white female boxer named Frosty. She passed away in Feb 2004 at 11 years old. As I was working at the shelter, I knew of many resuce organizations that would come and take the purebred dogs and cats to foster homes, so that they did not have to stay in cold, lonely shelters. Thats when I became aware of the recue organization that I currently volunteer for. Well, I fell in love with Sadie and wanted to adopt her. I was living in an apartment at the time that did not allow dogs, so I was going to have my mom adopt her so that I coulkd keep her. Well, I made a note in her file. I had previously scheduled a vacation in CA, and when I returned Sadie was gone, the shlter folks ignored my note and called the rescue organization. I was FURIOUS! However, looking back it has been one of the best things to happen in my life. A and I moved into an apartment July 1, 2003 and previously submitted an application to the resuce group to adopt Sadie. We adopted her on July6, 2003. We love her so much. She is very sassy though, but thats OK. A year later, A and I bough Sadie a house, a real house and we moved in May 2004. She has a HUGE backyard to run in and chase squirrels and bunnies. She is such a good girl, I just wish I knew exactly how old she is. We celebrate her birthday on 7/6 every year. She will always be my Sassy Sadie.

1 comment:

kateflash said...

Do the bunnies and squirrels living in your backyard get to weigh in on just how "good" Sadie is?