Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Spring? I am ready for you! (So are the Boxers)

Puppy Paws are so cute

I am very happy that it is slowly getting warmer. This weekend is daylight savings time - Spring Forward, if you will. I am very excited to go outside with the dogs, instead of watching from the sliding doors. So, I am sure you are dying to know what's going on in the life of Parker the puppy. Well, he had a busy weekend. In the past 2 weeks he has met 20+ people (including a few kids) and about 8 dogs, besides the dogs here and at his birth home. He has been one very busy puppy. I also found out on a few car trips that he gets car sick. He puked 3 times in one car ride. That was pleasant. Well, I did some experimenting and figured out that he doesn't get sick when the heat is not on, or low. When the heat is jacked up he barfs. I don't really blame him, except that I thought he was cold, thats why the heat was always on full blast. Well, now I have another thing to add to the information form for the new family.


Also - Parker the puppy has been increasingly more annoying at night. We used to keep him on the floor in our bedroom and he would do OK. We would have to get up 2-3 times a night to let him outside to potty, or else we would have to clean it up on the floor. Well, I sleep on the side of the bed where the dogs have their beds, so he never potties on my side :) only on A's. That's funny - well it was for awhile until he got really frustrated, as did I, so we started crating him at night. That was not very pleasant. Have you recently heard a puppy scream his head off, bloody murder?!? I was surprised the cops didn't show up. So we went back to having him sleep on the floor. He did OK. We are still working with him, thats for sure. We did start crating him during the day while we are at work. Well, the crate does not have a bottom right now (Humphrey destroyed it) and so I placed a plastic bag under the crate and then as the liner a thick throw rug (half destroyed by Humphrey). Well, that was a huge mistake as we came home to plastic bag pieces all over the place. I won't do that again. The carpet is pretty much destroyed in the dog room anyway.

In other news, I am looking forward to placing him, then I can do some spring cleaning around the house. New carpet in the dog room, some fresh paint and some other stuff. We are going to ride the wave and re-finance so that we can get $$ to get all new windows, a 6ft privacy fence, more insulation, new siding, a new water softener, and some other stuff, if we do not run out of $$. I think we are planing on staying here a good long time, whatever life has in store, we are ready.

No comments: