Sunday, March 16, 2008

Busy Rescue Week for Me!



So, this has been a pretty exciting week. Wednesday I took off work and headed up to a fundraiser in Appleotn for rescue. My friend and her Boxer LadyBug accompanied me. I am so happy they were able to come, as I very much enjoy their company. On the way we stopped and picked up Lucy, a 4 1/2 month old white deaf Boxer puppy to bring with us to the event, and my friend will be fostering Lucy as well to help out another friend. Everyone at the event LOVED miss Lucy and all the Boxers, we all had a great time. It was really worth it to go up to Appleton, as the company which hosted the event was able to raise quite a bit if money for us. But, it was a long day!

I took Parker to the Vet on Thursday to get his distemper booster. He was a great puppy at the vet. He has been getting SOOO big. I can't believe that I will be taking him to get neutered a week from Wed. Poor guy - he is cyptorchid. Oh well - one cute little nut is better that 2, I guess. Then, hopefully a week after the neuter he will go to his new home. I will miss him, but I will be glad, as he is only going to get more naughty as he gets older.

Then Saturday morning I drove to OshKosh and closed down our rescue booth at the Oshkosh Family Pet Expo. We had a nice turn out and hopefully the very cute Rhett will have some inquiries, as he was a VERY well behaved Boxer and really represented the breed at the event. Instead of driving back to Madison, my friend Alabaster mom invited me to crash at her place. It was great, I got dinner, cookies, breakfast, a bed with 2 awesome Boxers and a nice night to spend quality time with my friend. Then, driving home today I picked up Lancer (shown above). He is a young deaf male Boxer who was being fostered by a friend who was having a rough week. So we are maxed out here. We have our girl Sadie, Bert, Parker and Lancer. Just about an hour ago, FINALLY, we were able to introduce Lancer and Bert. They were the last to meet and so far it is going OK. I am happy - I was worried for a little bit.


I think all they do at home when I am gone is sleep!


Between a few weekends ago in Chicago, last weekend in Door County, Wed in Appleton and this weekend in Oshkosh and GB, I am burnt out on driving! I can't wait to spend a weekend at home. I am going to work on some house projects and I am excited to have Friday off work. A has tomorrow off for some other house projects that we are working on, so it will be nice to have Lancer hang out with the other dogs for a whole day before we both have to go back to work and leave him for 8 hours.

1 comment:

Ad Cat said...

Oops. Ran out of stuff to do again. Maybe there's a Roller Derby bout on TV... (btw, who knew they were called "bouts". I would have thought "games" or "laps" or "klatches". Go figure.)