Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Not by the hair of my footie, foot, foot

So, I think that I keep a pretty clean house, most of the time. Sometimes I am overwhelmed by the clutter and the mess. Right now I have 4 dogs and my house isn't that big. And most of my house is hardwood and ceramic tile. So.... my floors tend to collect alot of boxer hair bunnies in the corners and under furniture. So, the other day I was walking around and my foot was bothering me. I looked in my slipper - nothing. I looked in my sock - nothing. So I looked at my foot - a HAIR! Again!?! I had a hair stuck in the bottom of my foot like a sliver. This has happened before where I had to get the tweezers to get a boxer hair out of the heel of me foot. Isn't that skin supposed to be really rough? Well, it is but somehow I still manage to step on that hair that is partially sticking up and it hurts.

In other news, yesterday Parker got squished. Lancer was playing a little rough and pounced on Parker and hurt him pretty bad. Parker whined and whined and couldn't be moved without a series of OWWW! squeaks. He was panting, lethargic and he slept for 3 hours straight after the incident. So I got all scared and decided to take him to the Emergency Vet. Well, I feel really bad before I even take him knowing that it could be nothing, but spend big bucks because it is after hours. So we get ready to leave and I scoop up Parker and no squeaks. I put him in the car, no squeaks. Then we go to the vet - no sueaks, he is so happy to see everyone - making me look like an extra big dufus because he doesn't look hurt at all. BUT, then he started limping. So, ok, at least I dodn't overreact TOO much. The Dr. checked him out and he does have a sprain/bruising on his left shoulder and possibly left hip. The Dr. prescribed some pain meds. Parker is doing just fine now, but I would have never been able to forgive myself if I went to bed last night w/o the trip to the vet and Parker would have really been injured.

Then today - Lancer broke out of the room were were keeping him while at work. We tried crating him but he broke out of the Varikennel 3 times in 5 minutes. So we gated him in the hallway with 2 baby gates and a large crate. He broke out, pooped, knocked Sadie's doggie dish off the counter and ate what was left of her breakfast. We are really hoping that he didn't eat any peices of broken glass! I will have to keep an eye on him. Tonight I went out and bought some zip ties to try and repair our largest crate which is a little beat up. Hopefully we can try crating Lancer in the big crate tomorrow. I know that his last foster mom said that he can't be crated, but I have had luck in the past crating some dogs who escaped for about 1 week, then were fine. I hope I make it through this time!!

No comments: