Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Vacation




So, after the puppy has gone to his forever home, A and I are taking a much needed vacation. We are going to Wilmington, NC for a few days. I think for foster homes, it is much more work to go on a vacation than 'normal' homes. Or, I guess just even homes with multiple pets. So, I had to drop Lancer off at another foster home 45 minutes away yesterday morning. Then, A, Sadie and I went to Chicago to have professional family pictures taken by a photographer that specializes in pet photography. We received a very generous gift certificate for our wedding from some great friends. This photographer is amazing. I am so excited to see the pics. Then we got home and I had to drop Bert off at a foster home 15 minutes away. Then, our girl Sadie went to stay with some friends of ours and their Viszla Riley (he's in love with Sadie but she just likes to boss him around, but he is fine with that).

But, alas, there us more to our adventure than just dropping off the pups with the WONDERFUL friends and foster homes who volunteers for us (it really means ALOT). We left Madison at 6am for a 9:33 flight. Then, 30 minutes from O'Hare, we hit traffic, stopped completed on the interstate. Then we had to exit because we HAD to go to the bathroom - I mean my bladder hurt after I went, it was that bad. I almost peed in the car. Well, we made it to the ticket counter by 9:30 - so we had to take a later flight, which in turn cased a later connecting flight, which was full. BUT, it wouldn't have mattered, because out 9:33 flight had a maintenance issue and didn't leave until 11am. But they wouldn't let us on the flight, which was fine because we were going to get to Charlotte at the same time. So, we are currently sitting at the Charlotte, NC airport waiting for the 6pm flight. But we don't even have it bad. Apparently the airline canceled a few more flights to Wilmington and people are stuck here. All the remaining flights for the day are completely full.

The NC Wedding


We are visiting our friends in Wilmington. They are expecting. I have been to Wilm for their wedding a few years ago. A has never been to NC. He has actually not been to alot of places. But, hopefully I will change that. Anyway, they have 2 boxers, Diesel and Dixie. I will post later and add pics of them. I have met Diesel, he is 6, but I have never met Dixie. She is a young'un. I am excited to have a fire at the beach and chill for a few days. Its sunny and 70-80s all weekend :) I am very happy.

1 comment:

Marginwalker said...

I hope you're having a wonderful time!!!!! :)

L