Friday, April 11, 2008

The yard, the mud and the bunny



I am so excited about the spring, but wish my yard wasn't a mud pit. It is so gross. Every time the dogs come in, my floor gets even more filthy. I wonder, should I clean it again, NAH it will just get dirty in an hour or so. But Lancer sure does love to play out there. And they all love the sun when it come shining through the patio doors in the afternoon. I wish they could enjoy it everyday, but it would seem like a tease if I left the curtains open while they were all crated for 8 hours.



So, a few weeks ago, the dogs were having a great time outside on a Sunday afternoon. Sadie, Bert and Parker all came in the house, but no Lancer. Well, this is pretty normal, so I went outside and saw Lancer shaking a dead bunny. I had treats in my hand already so I showed the treats to him and got him to drop the bunny and run in the house. I thought, How Lucky!! I was so worried that I would be chasing him and the dead bunny around the yard for hours. Well, then I made A go outside and clean up the parts. I feel kinds bad, as he is a vegan, but hey I am a vegetarian! So, we had a rescue meeting recently and a rescue supporter donated 3 huge bags of toys for the fosters. I took a bunch for the three fosters and brought them home. One of the toys was a stuffed bunny. Hmm, that's funny. I gave it to Lancers. It only took 2.5 minutes and the bunny was destroyed. De ja vu?

1 comment:

Marginwalker said...

Oh my gosh, he does have it out for bunnies doesn't he...Great update!