Sunday, June 15, 2008

Have a great life Lancer Dancer



So, I placed Lancer this weekend in Milwaukee. It was a nice drive there, and a great visit. Lancer played and played with his new brother and cousin. He is in a great home. I will really miss him though. Even though he HATED being crated, he is a terrible counter surfer, he destroyed all toys, he would never come inside from the yard because he loves it out there, he barked at all the neighbors... the list can go on and on, but I love him nonetheless. I mean, none of us is perfect, right? There is on thing about him that I will never forget. I may have mentioned this before, but he always had the cutest look on his face looking out of the window. Whatever mood I was in, it always made me smile or giggle.




The way home from placing Lancer was a different story. The interstate back form Milwaukee was closed due to the bad storms that we had the week before. So I had to detour south west. Conveniently the detour took me right past my mom's summer house. I had lunch with her and we went shopping. Then I came home. Overall it was a good trip, but a really long day.

Here are more pictures of Lancer - he is so photogenic!


2 comments:

Marginwalker said...

Congrats on another successful placement! You da foster mom!!!!

Love ya,
L

Mary said...

Awww.... he looks like such a tender hearted man.;) Those window pics remind me of my Austin, I think that's one reason why I had to adopt him (he was my first failed foster dog) because whenever I would go outside for any length of time he would go from room to room and keep an eye on me.... these dogs are too precious!! Thanks for taking care of Lancer!